Please tailor or personalise those parts of the letter template that have been underlined and italicised.
Re: AGED CARE FUNDING MAY 2021 BUDGET XX/XX/2021
Dear Minster / Senator Title & NAME
I am a very concerned member of the community who expects that my government will take appropriate and immediate actions recommended by the Aged Care Royal Commission.
My personal experience of the sector is (Enter a short 2 sentence or so summary of your story – e.g., my father suffered mistreatment at x facility causing his death, I work in the sector, I receive a home care package etc. Mention if you have written to them previously.
With the impending release of the May 2021 Budget, I am concerned about reports that the government is considering injecting 10 Billion dollars into the aged Care sector. I am aware there has been intense lobbying by the aged care providers since the release of the Royal Commission. However, there is currently very little information on where the current taxpayer-funded aged care dollars are spent. The community has the expectation that taxpayer dollars be expended on direct care for all aged care recipients.
I urge the Government not to commit to providing extra funds to Aged Care providers without significant reforms in place. Funding must be tied to:
- Increasing the workforce – in both numbers and skill mix.
- Greater financial transparency and disclosure of performance indicators.
- Effective regulation and public access to regulators spot check reports.
- Providing home care that meets individual’s needs.
The job of Government is not just to control expenditure. The role of Government is to legislate and regulate. The Government has failed in both these areas in Aged care.
Will you Minister prioritise Age Care Reform Now by
- Abolishing the current 1997 Aged Care Act that has failed older Australians and implementing a new Aged Care Act that focuses on the human rights of older people.
- Mandating Financial transparency and accountability before any more taxpayer money is provided.
- Ensure Effective regulation and oversight that is Independent is put in place immediately.
The Governments response to the Royal Commissions recommendations will influence where I place my vote in upcoming elections.
Ask for a reply or even better ask for a face-to-face meeting to discuss their position on aged care.
YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS
“With us, not about us” AGED CARE REFORM NOW. www.agedcarereformnow.com.au