Please tailor or personalise those parts of the letter template that have been underlined and italicised.
Re: AGED CARE FUNDING MAY 2021 BUDGET
Dear Minster / Senator Title & NAME
I am a member of the grassroots movement Aged Care Reform Now. I became involved in this issue because (2 sentence summary of your story e.g. my father suffered mistreatment at x facility causing his death, I work in the sector, I receive a home care package etc).
On the release of the Royal Commission report on 1st March the Prime Minister stated “Today, the Australian Government is continuing to drive reforms with additional funding of $452.2 million to address immediate priorities in the sector.” The community has the expectation that these funds be allocated to direct care. There is little information on where this money was allocated or what issues the Government has prioritized.
With the upcoming release of the May 2021 Budget these issues are even more critical. I urge the opposition to scrutinize and hold the Government to account on where any Aged Care funds are directed. There must be no further taxpayer money allocated to providers without reform.
Funding must be tied to
- increasing the workforce – in both numbers and skill mix.
- greater financial transparency and disclosure of performance indicators.
- effective regulation and public access to regulators spot check reports.
- providing home care that meets individual’s needs.
The Aged Care Act 1997 prevents many of these reforms from being enacted and must be repealed.
I urge the Opposition to keep the spotlight on Aged Care and ask you to prioritise Age Care Reform Now by:
- Abolishing the current 1997 Aged Care Act that has failed older Australians and implementing a new Aged Care Act that focuses on the human rights of older people.
- Mandate Financial transparency and accountability before any more taxpayer money is provided.
- Ensure effective regulation and oversight that is independent is put in place immediately.
Thank you for your timely response to my concerns as I consider where to place my vote in the upcoming election.
Your name and address
“With us, not about us” AGED CARE REFORM NOW. (www.agedcarereformnow.com.au)