THANK YOU to all members of Aged Care Reform Now who have contributed to our efforts to reform Australia’s Aged Care System in 2022.
To all the committee members who have spent countless hours brainstorming, researching, reading, drafting letters, articles, and submissions, and taking part in countless webinars, discussions, rallies, and meetings and to those who burned the midnight oil critiquing submissions and articles when deadlines were tight. … We thank you.
Thanks to those who read and contributed to our Facebook sites and our website around busy lives and careers. Thanks to those who lent their professional and personal expertise to educate and inform us. Thanks to the elected representatives who vote on the floor of Federal Parliament and Senate.
And, our heartfelt thanks to all who shared stories with friends and family of their aged care journeys and their interactions with an often complex system.
Together we achieved a lot:
- Recognition of our work with a 2022 Holt Australia Day Award
- Over 22 meetings with Politicians, both in person and via Zoom
- Met Advocare WA CEO and COTA WA CEO
- Attended functions and open forums for the opportunity to raise Aged Care related concerns
- Launched the 13 Questions Survey and research report
- Participated in countless Department of Health webinars
- Attended conferences in person and online
- Lodged 7 submissions to Government
- Collaborated with other advocacy groups
- Met with United Workers Union Federal Secretary and Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation Reps
- Established representatives in Queensland, in addition to NSW, WA, and Victoria
- Formed working groups
- Participated in a number of media interviews throughout the year with this wrap up from Bianca Roberts, Aged Care News a highlight
- Traveled to Melbourne to meet fellow advocates in person and the Hon Tony Pagone AM, Aged Care Justice patron
In any volunteer organisation success depends on keeping on through good times and difficult times and on the collective talents and determination which provide the small and large pieces of our brains trust.
Thank you for your wit, wisdom, and above all the firm friendships forged for a common cause.
We will enjoy a short festive season break.
We look forward to a successful year of campaigning in 2023.