Who we are
We are a growing community of older people, families and friends, current and retired aged-care workers, and others who are passionate about social justice. We have come together to lobby government for meaningful reform.
What we do
- Media and advocacy to highlight issues and potential solutions
- Engage in the reform process with politicians and government departments
- Collaborate with like-minded stakeholders to influence change
- Collate complaints via issue.watch
- Consult with and mobilise our membership, giving voice to the real needs of people interacting with the aged care system
Working together on sustainable solutions
Our aim is to focus on sustainable solutions, not problems. We believe it is only by working together – with older people, families, staff, providers, peak bodies, unions, academics, health bureaucrats, and politicians – that older people in Australia will receive the care and support they need.
Most importantly, we believe we need to listen, really listen, to older people and their families.
Our membership primarily comes together in our Facebook group. You can join us too.
If you’re not on Facebook, you can contact us via our website.
We’re proud to work with like-minded organisations which share our vision for reform.